Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13th, 2021 (evening)

Timothy shot someone today.  I was suffering from a headache, so Tim went out to the ambulance to get an aspirin when he stumbled into someone trying to steal the van  This thief was in the driver's seat when Tim unloaded a round into the windshield, shooting the man in the head and blowing out the back of his skull... all over the seat.

It sounds fishy.  First, he claims he only drew on the man and when the thief rose his hands, he had a weapon and that's when Tim fired.  We found no weapon on him.  Then, Tim shot the man because he started the engine and was afraid he was going to drive off with it, but when the rest of us went outside, the ambulance wasn't running.  Tim said he turned it off, after he shot him, but the driver's side door was still closed.  Plus, I don't remember smelling any exhaust when I walked around the ambulance.

We searched the man for any kind of identification and found a few things in his wallet.  He still kept his Michigan driver's license, which expired last year.  His name was Victorio De la Vega, 38.  We found his social security card and his organ donor card.  I noticed something about that card.  His blood type was AB-, a very rare bloodtype, the same as mine.  I asked the others and they were all AB-, but Sandra didn't know her type.  She didn't know what Judith's was either, but I'm willing to bet they were all AB-.  That's the connection!  That would explain Class 3 immunity.  There's something about our blood tpe that fends off the airborne and blood bone strains.  I wish Nicholas was with us.  He might have been able to figure out what to do with this new information...

Timothy's a wreck now.  I think he's losing his touch on reality.  He was so absorbed in his zombie culture that I think he was dying to shoot someone for the sake of saving the group that when he had an opportunity, the stranger stealing the ambulance, he took it.  Yet, when we asked him what happened, he panicked and wasn't able to give us straight answers.  Is he going to be a liability now? He tried to kill me last night, and now he jumps the gun (no pun intended) and shoots a man trying to steal our ambulance?  I made an executive decision.  I had Jonathan hold on to the weapons from this point on.  At least Tim cooperated.

I'm feeling slightly better, but I'm not sure if I'll be up for travel tomorrow.  I was able to keep dinner down, with some nausea, but it's the bouts of diarrhea that have kept me the most uncomfortable.  As a result, I've been drinking more water than I should to keep myself hydrated, and I feel a bit guilty because that water is for all of us.

Jonathan and Hector did go out looking for gas and checked five different stations.  All of them were empty and each one was tagged with military stenciling that read "DRY".  I honestly don't understand why, if the military really did come through here, they didn't set up stations and defend the city.  Wouldn't they want to protect as much as they could?  After all, Columbus was a pretty big city with a lot of people... which may have been the reason why they abandoned it.  Maybe there was no one left to protect.

So where did they go?  Did they move towards another city?  Was there a city out there in better shape that had more survivors that could actually sustain a community?  But I got to thinking.  If my theory of only people with AB- blood being able to survive the airborne and blood born strains, then just about every major city's population would be decimated by the first wave of infection.  What if, though, there were enough survivors from each major city and they found a settlement in one city and moved there?  How would they know which city to go to, though?  The more I thought, the more questions I had and that only made my headache worse.

Hector did snag a new road map for me from one of the 7-11s they checked out.  There's the Grant Medical Center just north of us that I'd like to make a point of interest.  We could always use more medical supplies.  There was also the Columbus Metropolitan Library across the street, and all of a sudden, I wanted to read a book.  I haven't read a book in a long time.  In fact, the only thing I've read recently was my own journal entries.  The more I thought about reading an actual book, the more excited I got.  In fact, I'm going there tomorrow, flu be damned.

Speaking of the flu, I've had everyone keep their distance from me today. although it may already be too late.  Still, I didn't want to increase the risk of getting anyone else sick.  This meant Kat as well, who wasn't able to sleep next to me last night, nor will she sleep with me tonight.  She said she didn't care if she got sick.  I, however, did care.  I said the last thing I needed was her being sick in the middle of another attack.  I still care about people being healthy as the number one survival tool.  Our disagreement became heated and turned into a bit of a spat and there's one thing I have to say about Irish women.  They are god damned sexy when they're angry!  If only I was feeling better, I would have pounced on her right then and there!

Oh, and Hector found a pack of cigarettes in one of the student's desks, tucked all the way in the back.  I asked how he knew they were there and he said, "What?  You never hid a stash in your desk when you were a kid?"  I never did.  I was practically a Boy Scout, always looking to learn as much as I could and impress my teachers, and my parents, whenever possible.  I thrived off approval; it was my inspiration.  I never cared much about peer pressure, which is what I viewed smoking cigarettes to be a product of.  Hector offed me one, and I politely declined.  He was going to smoke inside, but I told him to please take out at least into the hallway because Sandra was here.  He felt stupid for not thinking about that.  He just hadn't had one in such a long time.  Personally, I'd rather he didn't smoke at all because I value healthy lungs.

So that's pretty much it for today.  I still feel like I should talk to Timothy again.  Maybe I will tomorrow.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment