Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18th, 2021

Didn't make it to the airport.  Didn't get anywhere close.  Remember how I said all it would take is one zombie to see you one time to ruin your day?  Well, that's exactly what happened.  When I woke up this morning, I grabbed my gear and got ready to hit the road.  As I usually do, I poke my head out to make sure it's all clear before I open the door all the way.  I left the diner's lot no problem.  Everything was quiet for a while until a zombie stumbled out from behind an overturned jeep, saw me and then ratted me out.  Thank god these zombies were weeks old.  If they were fresh, I'd have been chased down before I could make it to the Kia dealership that was just down the road from where I got spotted.

I turned the corner of the dealership to break my line of sight with them, and I saw the windows were already smashed in.  I hopped over the windowsill anyway and immediately flipped over a desk and put it up against the open window to try to cover it as best as I could.  I sat down, pressing my back to the wall, and listened.  So far, it was just my heartbeat, but then I heard the shuffling of the feet and the low groans.  They were in search mode.  They knew I was somewhere around here, just not exactly where.

The desk suddenly tipped forward, startling me as a zombie reached in and saw me sitting next to the wall.  I consider myself blessed knowing that I have incredible reaction times, so the first thing I did was stand up, grab the zombie by his head and fling him inside the building.  The last thing I needed at this point was other zombies seeing this guy finding me in here.  I readjusted my hold on the zombie's head, grabbing him under the chin and pulling him towards me to force his mouth closed as I looked for something from the overturned desk to use as a weapon.  And well, as much as I didn't want to use it, the snow globe with a princess and her father would have to do.  I grabbed it by the base and hammered it into the zombie's crown until I heart it crack, and then drove it once more until the zombie went limp in my arm.  Pushing the corpse away from me, I slammed myself against the wall again, this time moving towards the door of the room.  I was leaving myself open to be spotted by another zombie through the window, but it was clear I couldn't stay in this room.

I quietly opened the door of the office and crouched down the hallway, careful of exposing myself to anymore windows.  I saw a door at the end with a sign that said Service Garage and I smiled to myself.  Surely, I'd find something to use in there, so I kept low and made my way to the garage.  I opened the door, and what I saw was such a mess. Everything was in disarray.  Tools were strewn across the floor.  Tool chests were knocked over.  Windows of cars being serviced were broken.  As I was eyeing one Kia, I heard a groan on the other side.  I walked around and I jumped back a bit.  A mechanic was trapped under the rear tire.  He turned, by the look of his face, I'd say no more than a week old.  Seems like he was trying to fix his car, when he got startled and kicked his jack out from underneath.  I didn't see any bite marks, though.  That was odd.  I found a socket wrench and bashed him in the head.  Poor guy... trapped all this time under a car, not even allowed to roam as a zombie.

A few zombies tapped on the garage doors, but I remained silent.  Not hearing any responses, they moved on.  Although, they didn't move completely on.  For whatever reason, they aren't moving any farther than the lot.  They've got the building surrounded, just like the zombies at the university did.  I don't quite know what's going on here, but all I know is that it's too risky to try to make it to the airport right now.  So this is where I've been most of the day, trapped in this dealership's garage.  I'm just hoping they lose interest in me overnight.  I really wish I knew what they were up to, though....

Until tomorrow, if there is a tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment